Primarily development and validation of unified material models incorporating thermomechanical and degradation behavior, especially with a view towards enhancing the reliability of electronic systems; and by extension, issues related to computer modeling for complex systems as well as the broader impact of information technology which in turn can affect education and research.
- Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, with a minor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson (CGPA: 4.00)
- Ph.D. Qualifiers and Coursework, CALCE, University of Maryland (CGPA: 3.82)
- Dissertation: Constitutive Modeling of Joining Materials in Electronic Packaging.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, specializing in Engineering Design, State University of New York, Binghamton (CGPA: 3.875)
- Thesis: Paste Deposition Quality in Solder Paste Printing.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Thesis: Study of techniques for transient dynamic response analysis of systems
- Design Project: Heat exchanger design for wastewater heat recovery
- Std XII: Gold medal in National Standard Exam in Physics
- Std X: National merit list (top 1%) overall, in Science and in English; overall All India rank 113.
- Is IT Green: Making IT Greener, Site Manager at Yeditepe, EU-LLP Project
- Wellbore Stability Analysis, Consultant/Sub-contractor via UA, ExxonMobil
- Solder modeling and testing, Research Assistant via UA, NSF/Boeing
- Condition-based monitoring of electronic systems, Research Assistant via UMD, UKMoD
- Failure Analysis of Liquid Crystal Displays, Research Assistant via UMD, Smith Aerospace
- Qualification of on-board commercial LCD display unit, Research Assistant via UMD, Military
- FE analysis of traffic-signaling system for OSHA certification for Galleaux Inc., Research Assistant via SPIR-SUNY
- FE Analysis of baseframe for bearing assembly system for Timken, Design Engineer, J.H.Robotics/ Research Assistant, SPIR-SUNY
- Aydin, S., and Dube, M., "Knowledge Management, Innovation and Competitive Advantage: Is the Relationship in the Eye of the Beholder?", Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 16(3), July 2018, pp 402-413.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., Basics First: Let money buy happiness and a central store that provides for all, Iff Books, September 2017.
- Dube, S., Dube, M. & Turan, A. "Information technology in Turkey: Creating high-skill jobs along with more unemployed highly-educated workers?" Telecommunications Policy 39(10), November 2015, pp 811-829.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., (forthcoming) "Importance of Interdepartmental Control and Potential Pitfalls", Case Study for Chapter 20, Performance Management of Contemporary Management: A Global Perspective, Charles Wankel, Ed., Palgrave Macmillan.
- Dube, M., and Dube, S., "Criticality of Robustness Checks for Complex Simulations and Modeling", Information - An International Interdisciplinary Journal, v. 16 no. 11, November 2013, pp 7917 - 7940.
- Dube, M., and Kundu, T., "Closure to "Discussion of 'Yield Function for Solder Elastoviscoplastic Modeling'"" (5 pages), ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, v133 no. 4, December, 2011.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., Case Study: "If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them?" 2010, Ivey Publishing/ Harvard Business Review.
- Dube, S., and Dube, M., Teaching Note for Case Study "If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them?" 2010, Ivey Publishing/ Harvard Business Review.
- Dube, M., and Kundu, T., "Yield Function for Elastoviscoplastic Solder Modeling", ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, v. 127 no. 2, June 2005, pp. 147- 156.
- Desai, C., Wang, Z., and Dube, M., "New Thermomechanical Device and Testing Towards Modeling of Joining Materials", Proceedings of IPAC'01, Kauai, Hawaii, July 8 - 13, 2001.
- Pecht, M., Dube, M., Natishan. M., (CALCE) and Williams, R. Banner, I. Knowles (UK-MoD), "Evaluation of Built-in Test", IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronics Systems, vol. 37, no 1, Jan. 2001, pp. 266 - 271.
- Dishongh, T.J., Dube, M., Pecht. M., and Wyler, J., "Failure Analysis of Liquid Crystal Displays Due to Indium Tin Oxide Breakdown" , ASME, Vol. 121, June 1999
- Williams, R., Banner, J., Knowles, I., (UK-MoD) and Dube, M., Natishan, M., Pecht, M., (CALCE) "An Investigation of 'Cannot Duplicate' Failures", Qual. Reliab. Engng. Intl, no. 14, 1998, pp. 331 - 337.
- Dube, M., Dishongh, T.J., Beatty, K., and Pecht, M., " Rapid In-Situ Temperature Measurements of PQFPs During Infrared Reflow", Circuit World, 1998
- Dube, M., "Implications of Cannot Duplicate", MFPT Conference, Virginia Beach, VA, March 30 - April 13, 1998
- Natishan, M., and Dube, M., "Health Monitoring of Electronics Systems", Proc. Predictive Technology Symp, Alexandria, VA, Nov 6-7, 1997
- Dube, M., and Sahay, C., "Uniform Entry Flow for Low Reynolds Numbers", ASME Winter Annual Conference and Exposition, Atlanta GA, Nov. 17 - 22, 1996